Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hunger strikes!


I never thought there will ever come a day when my labs will prefer to skip a meal than eat their kibbles. It started out with my girl refusing to eat more than a few bites a meal. The vet prescribed her some pain pills and vitamin B 2 weeks ago. She recovered slightly thereafter. The poor girl threw up Sat's dinner and she didn't take a bite the whole of Sunday. She only wanted to take peanut butter and yogurt. She had a depressed look (post pet therapy syndrome) ... so, I don't think she was trying to con me into feeding her junk food.

Then, Ruki started to act up by not eating his food too (maybe, he wanted to get some attention). He would only eat the meat trimmings and leave the entire bowl of kibbles untouched. It has been 2 consecutive days now. He is surviving on 3 small chicken necks for breakfast and 4 pieces of meat handed out after my dinner. Such willpower for my boy!!

Riko, on the other hand, is just eating morsels. At dinner, she has been hand/ forced fed. For 2 days now without fail, she has been sitting beside me around 10pm because she's hungry. She refuses to take her usual kibbles. So, she eat 4 dog biscuits every night now.

I wonder how long is this going to continue. They both look healthy and active otherwise. Maybe they are telling me they are sick of the taste of their kibbles! So, it looks like I have to switch to another dog food brand this weekend.

Meanwhile, I totally caved in and fed the boy 100% real meats for breakfast. Of course, the boy eat it all up in one go. Hmmm... I think I may have just been entrapped!

Photo at breakfast time and they are ignoring the food bowl on 15 June 2010

No comments: