Friday, August 13, 2010

Tiny terror strikes again!

I purchased some pretty cactus last weekend in my constant attempt to rescue my terminally ill garden. I left them on the garden coffee table thinking their prickly thorns will keep the kids away.

But NOOOOO....Riko thought they looked rather like cute cupcakes in the basket and helped herself to a few pots while I was out for dinner.

When I got back, I immediately gave her a earful. She ran to hide at the back of the garden. Despite calling her back, she was just lurking at the side of the house. When she finally came into the house, she dashed straight into the bedroom and hid under the bed. She hid there until bedtime. At bedtime, we had a heart-to-heart talk about it in bed.

But, I guess the lesson learnt got erased during her sleep. The next day, she mouth-picked another batch of cactus pots from the basket on the table. I found them strewn on the lawn. Once again, she got a earful from me. She was put on her leash over breakfast and thereafter..


...until, she pulled the collar out of her neck on her own. I guess the lesson learnt will be erased again during her afternoon nap. So, the basket of cactus are safe on the top of the shoe rack for now.

No comments: