Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Someone needs to go to dog school


I picked up yet another book about training dogs yesterday. Cesar Milan. A lot of controversy about his teaching methods ...so, I was procrastinating getting any of his books. But, they were on sale...so I finally got one.

Now, I have read a couple of dog books but this is the first one which is keeping it simple and real for me.

He says..

when I interacting with dogs, train your mind to relate to them in the below order:
1. Animal
2. Dog <-- very cute ones
3. Breed <-- labrador
4. Name <--Haruki/ Mariko

His 3-part fulfillment formula is..
1. Exercise (the walk)
2. Discipline (rules, boundaries and limitations)
3. Affection

in that order...

I know, I know.... people have to me so...but OMG...the DOG WHISPERER is telling me that I have everything in reverse order!!

Looks like the person who needs training is ME.
I really think I should start before it's too late. Seriously.

No comments: