Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Return of the Magic Wand



We have settled into a nice walk route since the start of the year. So, I thought.

I'll normally control his walk-sniff balance whereby, I will allow him to sniff on certain parts and strict walk on parts of the route. But, for the past 2 weeks, Ruki has been sniffing way to much while walking. It's to the extent that he's been walking zig-zag under some kind of trance. He'll want to double back on some interesting sections. When I direct him to certain parts of our usual route, he will turn around and face the direction he wants to go. So, we are pivoting around the same spot until he gets his way. Presumably, my route choice is way too boring.

So, this week...we saw the revival of the magic wand. I hope I will regain control of my boy...because we are starting to look embarrassingly comical on our walks in the neighbourhood.


P.S. My sketchbooks made it safely to New York. It will start its tour in Austin, Texas. The exhibition is at the Austin Museum of Art on Saturday, March 12 and the 29th St Ballroom at Spider House on Sunday, March 13 from noon until 6pm each day.

No comments: