Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mon chien and I



Being the mother of a puppy... seems much like mothering a child, watching him grow and learn and develop. After a few weeks, the attachment became intense, and I understand now much more about the fears parents have as they watch their child, their baby, grow and interact with the world. Will he be healthy? Will he be all I hope for him to be? Can I protect him from dangers he knows nothing about? Will somebody take him from me? Will I make a mistake that will scar him for life? Am I a good dog parent? Will I someday make a good parent of children? I have found that the fears, the worries, the stress, the joys, the love-- they're all the same for me. I am in love with my little boy. And just like a mother, I wish I could keep him little longer or save some of his puppiness in a lockbox and take it out again someday when he's older and grown, when I can't pick him up and have him fall asleep on my shoulder, when his puppy breath and puppy fur are long gone. He will always be my little boy. And I will always love him. (source: NYT)

I couldn't say it any better than this!

Photo taken on 29 Aug 2009

No comments: